Tuesday, April 15, 2008

4th marking period project.

I'm going to school next year for communications, with a specialization in public relations and I am BEYOND excited, So i figured I would take this fourth marking period project as an opportunity to experiment and explore the field I am getting myself into. Public relations is basically image management and essentially a management function that focuses on two-way communication and fostering of mutually beneficial relationships between an organization and its publics. For my project I will be reading a few books that have public relations and image management as a backbone of the novel such as, "Thank you for Smoking" and "Wag the Dog." In addition to these novels, recently there has been a plethora of scandals pasted across the front pages of news papers and websites everywhere having to do with crisis management; case in point Jim McGreevy and Elliot Spitzer scandals. On a smaller scale the whole Wendy's finger-in-the-chili ordeal is crisis management at its finest. I want to create my own scandal and have to write a press release, and eventually the "rebuttal" that the scandalous figure will have to present to the public.  I have even found a PR dedicated WIKI and Blog site! I think this should be fun and I'm excited to see what I learn and come up with for my final project. 

No comments: